Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reno day Nine

Day nine would have been last Friday but we took the day off to celebrate my Dad's birthday with a game of golf. He did go by the house in the morning to do some work in the basement but we spent the afternoon on the green in the sun. I haven't golfed in years so I wasn't sure what to expect. Turns out I'm pretty ok. Turns out I am also horribly out of shape and much like the toll reno has taken on my body, I woke up Saturday morning with sore golf arms. I logically figure that all my sore arms needed was a day of work, so I headed up to the house to meet Sam and Dad to put down the sub floor. I am the drill master! I sure put those arms to work drilling countless screws into into plywood floor. Here's a photo of me in action:


















I started to get a blister on my thumb from all of that hard work and when I asked my Dad for a band-aid to protect my skin, he presented me with a make shift alternative:


















Yes, that's kleenex and duct tape. It actually worked pretty well! I have a small blister, but it could have been worse.

Sam took off to go boating with some friends in the afternoon so my Dad and I were left to get the job done. It was hard work.

Here's the pic of me and the finished product.






















We managed to get plywood down in every room except the bathroom and the spare room. It is so wonderful to have some sort of a floor down. It not only signals the start of construction but it means that when we work or sweep, the dust doesn't keep travelling through the floorboards to the floors below.

No comments:

Post a Comment