Friday, August 14, 2009

Reno Day Two

Day two involved a lot more of the walls coming down as well as the floors being ripped up. If you've ever torn up hardwood before, you know you can expect a lot of little nails all over the place. These have to come up before the new floor can go down. Ellis had the bright idea of crawling along on his knees while pulling up these nails - needless to say, it was really easy for him to figure out which nails he had missed. The hardwood on the first floor really wasn't in terrible shape - aside from the rows upon rows of 3 inch nails they had put in to them. We assume this was to minimize squeaking.

Here's some pictures of what the first floor looks like without the walls and the hardwood.


































Ian and I both had to work at our paying jobs on Wednesday so we weren't able to help out. Part of me wishes we had been there but my muscles and my bank account are thanking me for spending the day at BizzyB's instead. We did swing by the house in the evening though to check out the progress. It is so much fun to come by at the end of the day and se e the transformation. My favourite aspect of the visit was when my Dad turned on the basement lights and the hardwood-free first floor lit up like the night sky. I took a picture of it....but it's pretty crappy compared to how cool it actually looked...so I'm not gonna bother posting it.Once the dust settles a little more, I'll start bringing my DSLR to the house. For now, my point and shoot will have to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment