Monday, March 28, 2011

Um. Yeah.....

So I haven't blogged since November....
Whoops!

Since that last blog, we've drywalled the basement, built a laundry room, trashed the old big cement laundry sink, put in a beautiful bathroom, ripped the ugly carpet off of the basement stairs and  built a pantry. And by "we" I mean my Dad and Ian. I've been kind of helpful....but only kind of. There's something about renovating a basement that has me scrambling for other projects to do. To be fair, we haven't really gotten to the decorating part yet (read: the best part) so I haven't been inspired to blog about it. Maybe I'll be ambitious and take some pics to post later.

The really exciting stuff is coming up over the next few months. Our wee house is getting an addition! Basically, we are adding a whole big room on to the back of the second floor which will be our master bedroom complete with big windows, a big closet and an en suite bathroom. WAHOO! The addition will also affect the kitchen since we'll be able to open it up to the mudroom which will then become a little sitting area with more windows! Outside, we'll add on a small mudroom and a landing with steps leading down into the backyard - which will be a wooden deck with dropped in planting areas. And maybe, just maybe we'll get around to installing storage cupboards in the front mudroom, building a front porch and putting in a new walkway and garden - maybe. I'm exhausted already.

Also since November, we got engaged! That means that amidst all of the renovation insanity, we get to plan a wedding! If you know me, you know I love love love planning parties and this one will be my biggest undertaking yet. Here's hoping that the fella, my folks and my ladies are ready for it all - it takes a village, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment